1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken With Croutons
1 hr 15 mins
This is the essence of French country cooking. A simple roast chicken is sliced onto a bed of warm croutons so they soak up all those delicious juices. How good is that? In my opinion, roast chicken in any way shape or form can't be beat...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the giblets from the chicken and wash it inside and out.
- 2Remove any excess fat and pinfeathers.
- 3Toss the onion with a little olive oil in a small roasting pan.
- 4Place the chicken on top and sprinkle with the salt and pepper inside.
- 5Place the lemons inside the chicken.
- 6Pat the outside of the chicken dry with paper towel, brush with the melted butter, and sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- 7tie the legs together with kitchen string, and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
- 8Roast for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh.
- 9cover with foil and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes (the onions may burn, but the flavor is good).
- 10meanwhile, heat a large saute pan with 2 TBs of olive oil until very hot.
- 11Lower the heat to medium low and saute the bread cubes, tossing frequently, until nicely browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 12Add more olive oil as needed, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 13Place the croutons on a serving platter.
- 14Slice the chicken and place it, with all the pan juices, over the croutons.
- 15Sprinkle with salt and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken With Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1129.1
- Calories from Fat 648
- Total Fat 72.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 305.5 mg
- Sodium 627.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 73.3 g