Lemon Chicken With Cilantro and Olives (Poulet M'charmel)
- Mix onion, half the cilantro and parsley, the spices, salt and half the lemon juice and olive oil. Dilute with water to make a sauce.
- Rub some of the sauce over the outside of the chicken.
- Place chicken in a large cooking pan.
- pour the rest of the mixture around the meat, cover and simmer over medium heat for 30 to 45 minutes. Turn occasionally and add more water if necessary.
- When chicked cooked through, add the remaining cilantro and parsley and pour over the remaining lemon juice. Leave to simmer hard for a few more minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Arrange chicken on a dish and garnish with slices of preserved lemon and olives.