Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great way to serve 3 people when you only have 2 pieces of chicken. Use a full lemon if you like a stronger flavor and half a lemon if you want just a hint of citrus.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 453.59 g can chickpeas, drained
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts (in brine)
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- In a non stick pot, heat olive oil and saute onion and chicken for 5 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add the chickpeas, brine from the artichokes, cumin and lemon to the pot.
- Bring the liquid to a boil then turn down the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the artichokes to the pot and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the artichokes are heated through.
- Serve with rice and vegetables.