Recipe by Khat
I got this recipe from my grocery store flier. I made it tonight for my and my bf and it was a big hit!
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks.
- For the lemon juice, I squeezed as much juice out of the lemon as I could, and made up the rest with bottled lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, 2 tbsp of the lemon juice and garlic, let stand for 15 minutes
- In a separate small bowl, combine broth, cornstarch, honey, lemon rind, and remaining juice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat half of oil over medium-high heat and stir-fry chicken for about 4mins or until browned. Transfer chicken to bowl. Add remaining oil to pan; stir fry broccoli and red pepper for 4 minutes.
- Stir reserved chicken broth mixture, pour into pan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 1 minute Reduce heat; cook until vegetables are tender crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes Stir in chicken broth until heated through.
- Serve over rice or noodles if desired.