1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken With Artichokes and Capers
Boneless chicken in a lucious sauce full of flavour. Lemon, capers, artichokes,mushrooms,... who could ask for more! Linguini or rice are the perfect accompaniment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained and halved
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, to taste
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- 2Add the onion and garlic and cook for three minutes.
- 3Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- 4Add the mushrooms and cook 2 minuts more.
- 5Add the flour and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- 6Remove the skillet from the heat and slowly stir in the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 7REturn the skillet to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the liquid thickens.
- 8Add the artichokes.
- 9Cover and reduce the heat; simmering 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Serve the chicken and sauce over linguini or rice and garnish with the capers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken With Artichokes and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 536.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of