Boneless chicken in a lucious sauce full of flavour. Lemon, capers, artichokes,mushrooms,... who could ask for more! Linguini or rice are the perfect accompaniment.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained and halved
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for three minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 2 minuts more.
- Add the flour and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and slowly stir in the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- REturn the skillet to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the liquid thickens.
- Add the artichokes.
- Cover and reduce the heat; simmering 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over linguini or rice and garnish with the capers.
My husband and I loved this! it was the perfect amount of lemon and combined with the capers and artichokes, made for great flavor. I used dry cocktail sherry instead of wine as I did not have any. Served with linguine....tasty!
We liked this, but I made some changes first. I used way less lemon juice, and added some lemon thyme. It came out tasting like my greek meatballs, except with chicken. But I think next time I'll leave the capers out, because they didn't taste so good. And I'll make more sauce next time, because we didn't have enough.
A little too tart for my taste.