Recipe by Christmas Carol
I'm not fond of lemons myself--they're a bit tart for my palate. But why not share this gorgeous-looking soup with all of you lemon lovers? It's so visually appealing, I just couldn't resist. If you enjoy the classic "Lemon Chicken", this beauty is enhanced with crisp green snap peas and fresh parsley, making it the perfect springtime soup. I'm sure you could use prepared rotisserie chicken to save time--I often prefer it because of its tenderness and flavor. Here's hoping this soup from Taste Of Home is as tasty as it looks!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 44.37 ml fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 354.88 ml cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 10 fresh sugar snap peas
- 29.58 ml minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4.92 ml grated lemon peel
- 44.37 ml heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour until smooth; gradually add broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in chicken, peas, parsley, and lemon peel; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until chicken is heated through and peas are crisp-tender. Stir in cream; heat through. (Do not boil).