Recipe by No-Brussel-Sprouts
Milk in a stir-fry? No suprise that this one comes from the dairy board. It's among their most requested recipes for the past 25 years, try it for yourself and see.
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
The huge amount of ginger and garlic in this makes it special. I am seeing cream based dishes on more Asian menus, nowadays. It isn't authentic Asian, but neither is egg foo yung! The lemon juice adds a nice and bright fresh taste to it and the only thing I added additionally was cilantro. I like it!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, diagonally sliced (or 1 cup baby carrots cut in half lengthwise)
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped (or pressed)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 large lemon, zest of
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok or non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir-fry onions and carrots first until tender and then add garlic, ginger, hot pepper flakes and chicken and stir until chicken is browned.
- Mix flour well into cold milk and stir into hot pan.
- Add lemon zest and peppers, stir until bubbling and slightly thickened.
- Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve over hot rice.