Milk in a stir-fry? No suprise that this one comes from the dairy board. It's among their most requested recipes for the past 25 years, try it for yourself and see.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, diagonally sliced (or 1 cup baby carrots cut in half lengthwise)
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped (or pressed)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 large lemon, zest of
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1Heat oil in a wok or non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Stir-fry onions and carrots first until tender and then add garlic, ginger, hot pepper flakes and chicken and stir until chicken is browned.
- 3Mix flour well into cold milk and stir into hot pan.
- 4Add lemon zest and peppers, stir until bubbling and slightly thickened.
- 5Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice.
- 6Sprinkle with green onions.
- 7Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Vegetable Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 648.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of