Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taste of Home
Make and share this Lemon Chicken Tortellini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 small red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 6 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a big skillet, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook red pepper until crisp-tender.
- Add in garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add in 2 cups broth; bring to a boil.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken, lemon peel, and pepper sauce; add in spinach; cook just until wilted.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.