Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I get this recipe from the SouthernLiving website.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle on chicken strips.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs. Arrange chicken in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes, turning chicken once.
- Cook sugar, lemon juice, and curry powder in a small saucepan for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring till sugar dissolves. Drizzle over chicken; bake 5 more minutes.
This recipe was ok, but I will probably not make it again. Very easy to prepare and the cook time for the chicken was right on. The chicken itself was flavorful with the spices and seasoned breadcrumbs, but the sauce was just way to sweet for my tastes. I love anything with curry in it and think the lemon based sauce has potential but the sugar needs cut way back for me. Also, when you pour the sauce over the chicken and continue baking, it takes away from the crispiness of the coating. I'd serve it on the side.