Recipe by Babs7
Excellent low-fat recipe! From Taste of Homes' Best Light Recipes of the Year 2006. I've added a little adobo seasoning with the cumin - Yummy! * time does not include marinating time.*
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the onions and garlic on medium heat in oil until tender.
- Add the chicken, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium - high heat and stir for 5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove from heat; stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and remaining lemon juice.
- Serve with salsa.
- Also good with shredded cheddar and sour cream (optional) on top.