Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Excellent low-fat recipe! From Taste of Homes' Best Light Recipes of the Year 2006. I've added a little adobo seasoning with the cumin - Yummy! * time does not include marinating time.*
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the onions and garlic on medium heat in oil until tender.
- Add the chicken, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium - high heat and stir for 5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove from heat; stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and remaining lemon juice.
- Serve with salsa.
- Also good with shredded cheddar and sour cream (optional) on top.
The chicken turned out really well, but not too lemony. An easy dish to put together for when you don't have much time!