Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An easy stir-fry that I like because it uses fresh vegetables.
Top Review by So Cal Gal
What a great stir-fry!! And unlike any I've ever had--it reminds me of the food at our favorite Greek restaurant! The lemon pepper, lemon rind, and thyme add a wonderful fresh-zesty flavor to the chicken, vegetables, and pasta. Plus it has a very pretty, festive presentation. I scaled the recipe down to 2 servings; and used whole wheat thin spaghetti and roma tomatoes (cut into pieces)--and all of that worked well. My DH and I love Greek (and Greek inspired) food, so this recipe is a great find and will be used often! Thanks for sharing it, ratherbeswimmin'!! (Tagged, made, and reviewed for Use It or Lose It: Special Event in Bargain Basement.)
- 226.79 g uncooked angel hair pasta
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 118.29 ml sugar snap pea
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml grated lemon, rind of
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 7.39 ml lemon pepper
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes or 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and onion; stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in the broccoli and peas; stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together the broth, thyme, lemon peel, cornstarch, and lemon pepper.
- Pour into chicken mixture; cook 1-2 mintues or until sauce is thickened and veggies are cooked.
- Stir in tomatoes; cook until just heated; season with salt if needed.
- Serve chicken mixture over angel hair pasta.