1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
Teddy's Mommy's Note:
I found this recipe on eating well's website. I needed to be able to adjust the servings and I'm not to good at doing it on my own so I entered it here so RZ could do it for me. I served it with steamed jasmine rice and it was fantastic. I think next time I might add a little fresh grated ginger root though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless skinless trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 ounces mixed mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrot, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups snow peas, 6 ounces, stems and strings removed
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces, white and green parts divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and set aside.
- 2Juice the lemon and whisk 3 tablespoons of the juice with broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a plate with tongs.
- 5Add mushrooms and carrots to the pan and cook until the carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add snow peas, scallion whites, garlic and the reserved lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- 7Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Add scallion greens and the chicken and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 559.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: