Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple dish where the taste of lemon shines.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili (chopped)
- 1 lb chicken (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- Mix the lemon zest, juice, chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, honey, and chili in a bowl. Do a taste test here to balance out the tartness, saltiness, sweetness and heat.
- Place the chicken into mixture and marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the chicken reserving the marinade.
- Saute the chicken until cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds and remove from the heat.
- Serve on rice or noodles.
Very enjoyable dish with lots of flavor. I served it over rice with Thai-Style Veggie Kabobs With Spicy Peanut Sauce on the side. Thanks for sharing!
We doubled the recipe which served 4 of us and left for meals for the DH to freeze for when he does night shift. I served this with fried rice and the DH has already requested we have it again. When we made the marinade I only used the zest of 1 lemon and juice of 2 but upon tasting it (before putting the chicken in) we thought it was a little strong on the sesame so added some extra lemon juice (won't do that again though as the lemon taste definately came out in the cooking though still tasting good. Thank you Chef for a very nice quick stir fry meal.