I found this recipe in Quick Cooking a few years ago and it has become a staple in our household. It is a very tasty dish that is so easy to make, yet looks very impressive. Good enough for company!
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 (7 ounce) package thin spaghetti
- In a large skillet, saute onions& garlic in butter& oil until tender.
- Stir in the chicken, lemon juice, parsley, seasoned salt& lemon-pepper.
- Saute for 15-20 min or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Add to chicken mixture& toss.
We loved this! A very simple and quick recipe that proved to be very good. I worried that it might be too "lemony" for the kids [5 and 2] but they loved it. The only change I made was adding freshly grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese when tossing together. Thanks for a great weeknight meal idea...and a cheap one at that!
A great basic recipe to play with, and very easy (esp. if you dice lots of chicken on weekends and freeze in sealed bags, like I do). I too switched out the seasoning salt -- too "artificial" for an otherwise fresh and lively recipe. At the end, why note make a pan sauce by simply deglazing all those good bits with chicken broth! Also added steamed asparagus tips.
Quick, easy and delicious! Not too lemony.