Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
"This all-in-one chicken dish, with creamy, lemon flavored sauce, dresses up chunks of juicy chicken and tender pasta. Peas and tomatoes add a splash of color." From taste of home.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onions and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Add the broth to the skillet; bring to a boil and cook until reduce by half. Reduce heat; add cream. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to pkg. directions. Add peas, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and chicken to the cream mixture; heat through. Drain spaghetti; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with lemon peel and lemon-pepper.
Very delicious! I think I went a little light on the tomato, so I'll add more next time. It was a hit at our house!
We all liked this. I thought that the kids would turn their collective noses up at it because of the lemon but it was quite subtle so they didn't mind. I did not use the lemon pepper because I didn't have any but my Dh and I squeezed lemon juice over our plates. I used penne instead of spaghetti and used evaporated milk instead of cream. I also didn't have a toamto but I am sure we will be making this again, its a keeper.
We liked this. I did have a problem getting my chicken to brown due to too much liquid in the skillet. The chicken poached rather than browning as I would have liked. I'll fix this in the future by starting with less olive oil. 2 T. was just more than I thought was necessary. Also, I would consider this to be more like 4 servings. We ate it all (granted, I literally made it a one dish meal) even though one child didn't really eat any. All in all though, we will definately make this over and over again.