Recipe by samcp4
I had this in Greece and begged for the recipe to no avail. This is my version. I tend to allow the chicken to marinade overnight so that it is more tender and full of flavour. I serve them with green salad, tzatziki and bread. Great for a BBQ.
Top Review by Desert Mojo
I've been preparing Chicken Souvlaki for some time now, and was pleased when I tried this lemon version. I used all the ingredients listed with the addition of Lawry's Seasoned Salt, a bit of garlic powder and fresh ground black pepper. The key to this recipe is in the length of the marinating time....6 hours with a few turns works for me.
I served this to people who are unfamiliar with this cooking genre, and they couldn't get over how flavorful and tender the chicken was. Thanks for posting this. Delicious.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the chicken, lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil and oregano.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour.
- Skewer the chicken onto 6 metal or wooden skewers.
- Grill for about 20 minutes turning frequently, adding the remaining marinade each time you turn them.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and serve.