Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Giada De Laurentiis
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- parmesan cheese, rind (optional)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup about 2 1/2 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced cooked rotisserie chicken, preferably breast meat
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- kosher salt
- In a large stockpot, bring the chicken broth, lemon juice, bay leaf, and Parmesan rind, if using, to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and simmer until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the broken pasta and cook until the pasta is tender, for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken and heat through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and the Parmesan rind and discard. Stir in 1/2 of the cheese and the parsley. Season with salt, to taste. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.