Recipe by **Pebbles**
A wonderful clear soup with flavors that "pop" like lemon and cilantro. So light and refreshing.
Top Review by Kellie in SLO
This soup is very light and flavorful. It got two thumbs up from both my picky eaters. I froze about half of it in individual containers, and am so glad that I did. My daughter was sick yesterday and she pulled one out and heated it up, said it helped her feel a lot better.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice and grated rind
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to tasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in pot with bay leaf and cover with cold water.
- Bring to boil and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and chop/shred when cool.
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer, add chicken pieces, lemon juice and grated rind.
- Add chopped yellow onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, green onion and cilantro.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Taste and correct seasonings.