1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken Soup
This easy soup makes a nice lunch or light supper. As some ingredients may not be readily available in all areas, substitutes are listed. From Simply THAI Cooking. Updated to list ingredients in order of addition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml water
- 1 stick lemongrass, smashed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 inch fresh galangal root, sliced in thin rounds (may sub. ginger root)
- 5 fresh lime leaves (may sub. 2 T. lime juice)
- 59.16 ml fish sauce
- 7.39 ml chili paste
- 226.79 g fresh tomatoes, cut in 3/4-inch dice
- 56.69 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 226.79 g chicken breast halves, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 59.16 ml lime juice
- 2 fresh hot chili peppers
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Boil 4 cups water in a soup pot. Add lemon grass, galangal, and lime leaves and cook 1 minutes. Add fish sauce and chili paste, cook 1 minute, and reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes and mushrooms, cook 3 minutes, until broth bubbles again.
- 2Turn heat to maximum and add chicken strips. Stir to separate, and cook 5 minutes until chicken is done.
- 3Add 4 T. lime juice (this is in addition to the lime juice previously added, if you were substituting for the lime leaves). Stir.
- 4Crush chiles and cut in half. Add to soup and stir.
- 5Remove from heat, transfer to soup tureen and sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 1435.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh galangal root
fresh lime leaves