1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken Soup
Mommy Diva's Note:
This lemony chicken soup was on Sandra Lee's cooking show today on the Food Network and made me SOOOOOOOOO hungry watching her! I am definitely going to be making this one for dinner tomorrow night!! This would be a terrific soup for a brunch, baby or bridal shower, birthday or anniversary party - any event that you want an elegant presentation with simple behind the scenes cooking! Pair it up with her Lemon-Herb Butter Basted Chicken, Lemon Garlic Broccoli, Lemon Pudding Brulee with Blueberries and Lemon Creme Martini's that I plan to post as well, and what a fabulous and refreshing menu! Theme your tables accordingly - and it says elegant spring or summer gathering! Thank you to Sandra Lee for another batch of fresh ideas!! Yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pot, add condensed chicken and rice soup, chicken broth and lemon juice.
- 2Bring to simmer over medium-high heat,.
- 3In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg yolks.
- 4*Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the hot broth into the egg yolks to prevent curdling.* Gradually add the egg yolk mixture into the soup, STIRRING CONSTANTLY.
- 5Stir in shredded chicken and heat completely.
- 6Serve and garnish with a pinch of fresh parsley if desired.
- 7Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 148.3 mg
- Sodium 616.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 15.4 g