Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This lemony chicken soup was on Sandra Lee's cooking show today on the Food Network and made me SOOOOOOOOO hungry watching her! I am definitely going to be making this one for dinner tomorrow night!! This would be a terrific soup for a brunch, baby or bridal shower, birthday or anniversary party - any event that you want an elegant presentation with simple behind the scenes cooking! Pair it up with her Lemon-Herb Butter Basted Chicken, Lemon Garlic Broccoli, Lemon Pudding Brulee with Blueberries and Lemon Creme Martini's that I plan to post as well, and what a fabulous and refreshing menu! Theme your tables accordingly - and it says elegant spring or summer gathering! Thank you to Sandra Lee for another batch of fresh ideas!! Yummy!!
- 3 (10 ounce) cans chicken and rice soup, condensed (recommended brand Campbell's)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth (recommended brand Swanson's)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 roasted chicken breast, shredded (cooked, store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- In a medium pot, add condensed chicken and rice soup, chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Bring to simmer over medium-high heat,.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg yolks.
- *Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the hot broth into the egg yolks to prevent curdling.* Gradually add the egg yolk mixture into the soup, STIRRING CONSTANTLY.
- Stir in shredded chicken and heat completely.
- Serve and garnish with a pinch of fresh parsley if desired.
- Enjoy! ;).
Very tasty! I used my own chicken and rice homemade soup that I pulled out of my freezer, instead of using canned soup. (I needed to use up the soup) For the chicken I used one chicken breast and cooked it using Mommy Diva's recipe for recipe#212095 (delicious have made it twice in less than a week). Easy recipe to throw together for a quick meal. Thanks Mommy Diva, fight like a girl. Hugs
I thought this was okay. Even after adding to it, it tasted like canned soup with fresh chicken. I think the concept is great and will keep working on it.