Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love lemon and other citrus flavors so when I found this recipe in Taste of Home, I had to try it!!! Feel free to change the veggies to suit what you have on hand or prefer to use.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-in . pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-1/2-inch slices
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for basting.
- Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Pour the remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add the zucchini, onions and tomatoes. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate chicken and vegetables for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Alternately thread chicken and vegetables onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
I was going to rate this 4 stars on my own but DH said very good meal and he doesn't comment like that much so... I used freshly squeezed lemon juice, regular vinegar for religious reasons, sea salt to taste, freshly ground black pepper and the rest. I marinated the lot over night and served them with Tzatziki on a bed of Lemon Rice Pilaf with a fresh salad on the side. Made for Family Picks, ZWT6, Greece/Cyprus region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
Great. I used a premade kabob from the meat market, so this really was quick.
Great kabobs! Love the addition of the lemon flavor. Thanks for sharing! ZWT6