Prep 25 mins
Cook 16 mins
Taken in the issue of June 2003 of Coup de Pouce. I tried this recipe and it's really good. In the preparation time, there is 15 minutes included for the marinade time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- In a bowl whisk together : olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the pieces of chicken and toss to coat well. Let marinade for 15 minutes. (You can prepare the pieces of chicken until that step and cover with plastic wrap. They’ll be good until 24 hours in the fridge).
- Prepare barbecue to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put them on 8 metal skewers (or wood skewers but soaked in water), alternate with the pieces of green bell pepper. Put the skewers on a greased grill and cook 12 to 16 minutes or until the chicken is golden and is not pink inside. Turn the chicken skewers occasionnaly.
Made these for my folks on a Friday night -- the quick marinade was just what we needed for a last-minute grilled meal. Everyone enjoyed them. I added some red onion too to go with the green peppers.
Quick and tasty. Lemon,chicken,garlic and thyme in perfect harmony...you can't go wrong! Easy enough to make even the most novice of cooks look accomplished! A great mid week supper dish. Thanks Boomie.
Nice flavor! I really enjoyed these. I really love the flavor of lemon with chicken. I marinated my peppers, too. Thanks, Boomette! Made for holiday tag.