Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely chicken schnitzel recipe that is baked instead of pan-fried.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken Schnitzel recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Cut chicken horizontally into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place between 2 pieces of wax paper and flatten chicken. Sprinkle with lemon juice: let stand 10 minutes.
- In shallow dish combine flour, salt, thyme and celery salt; mix well.
- In another shallow dish, lightly beat egg with water. Dip chicken into flour, then into egg, then into bread crumbs. Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F/200 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Lovely flavor from the combination of spices and lemon. Actually I fried the schnitzel but didn't use any oil. Served it with home made fresh salsa supplied by a neighbour - Delicious!