Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely chicken schnitzel recipe that is baked instead of pan-fried.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml water
- 118.29 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- Cut chicken horizontally into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place between 2 pieces of wax paper and flatten chicken. Sprinkle with lemon juice: let stand 10 minutes.
- In shallow dish combine flour, salt, thyme and celery salt; mix well.
- In another shallow dish, lightly beat egg with water. Dip chicken into flour, then into egg, then into bread crumbs. Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F/200 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Lovely flavor from the combination of spices and lemon. Actually I fried the schnitzel but didn't use any oil. Served it with home made fresh salsa supplied by a neighbour - Delicious!