Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This was published recently in the UK's Guardian newspaper. I think it sounds fabulous.
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- flour, to dust the chicken
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach or 1 cup rocket
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 8 slices thick bread or 4 rolls
- Mix the lemon juice, ginger, fish sauce, vinegar and oil together.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally and put them in a small shallow dish.
- Cover with the marinade.
- Leave in the fridge, covered for at least 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- The chicken should soak in all the marinade.
- Take out the chicken, pat dry and dust in seasoned flour.
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan until it is very hot.
- Cook the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, spread the pesto on the bread.
- You can use more or less, as you like.
- Make the sandwiches, using one piece of chicken and some spinach or rocket leaves in each.
- Wrap tightly in greaseproof paper.
I wasn't really that impressed with this recipe. It was okay, but not worth the trouble to make again.