Norahs Girl's Note:
This is lovely for an intimate dinner party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 red chile, seeded and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, lightly crushed
- 4 spring onions, finely diced
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 250 g couscous
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely chopped
- 1 grated limes, juice and rind of
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled,seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 50 g baby salad leaves, well picked over
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1Remove the skin and sinew from the chicken breasts and pull off the breast fillets.
- 2Using a very sharp knife, cut all the meat on the diagonal into very thin slices across the grain.
- 3Place in a non-metallic bowl and pare over the lemon rind, then add half the garlic and lemon oil.
- 4Add a pinch of salt and give about twelve turns of the pepper mill.
- 5Stir to combine, cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to six hours.
- 6Melt the butter in a large pan and add the remaining garlic, the chilli and coriander seeds.
- 7Cook for 1 minute, stirring and then add the spring onions and stock.
- 8Bring to the boil and season to taste, then pour in the couscous in a thin steady stream, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon until the stock is absorbed.
- 9Add the pickled ginger and lime rind and mix well to combine.
- 10Remove from the heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes, fluffing up with a fork half way through to help the grains swell up.
- 11Add the tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice and fresh coriander, stir well again and cover with clingfilm.
- 12Set aside for up to six hours.
- 13Heat a heavy-based frying pan until very hot.
- 14Add the sunflower oil and flash fry the chicken until tender and lightly caramelised.
- 15Add the juice of half a lemon then tip out on to kitchen paper to drain.
- 16The couscous can be served at room temperature or it can be heated in a microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, just make sure you puncture the clingfilm first.
- 17Place a pile in the centre of each the serving plate and scatter around the chicken.
- 18Place the salad leaves in a bowl, season and then dress with the remaining olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- 19Pile on top of the couscous and drizzle the remaining lemon oil around the edge of the plate to serve.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Salad with Spicy Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1209.6
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Sodium 445.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 54.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, juice and rind of
baby salad leaves