Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy, 30 minute, healthy meal, bursting with color and flavor. Cook's Tip: For extra flavor, season chicken breast with a citrus and basil rub or a crushed peppercorn and garlic rub and grill, then proceed as recipe directs.
- 8 ounces radiatore, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, small
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked & diced
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 lemon, cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, snipped (optional)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta for 2 minutes less than package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop onion and slice carrots.
- Lightly spray a stir-fry skillet with oil.
- Cook and stir onion, carrot, and pressed garlic over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, slice bell pepper into strips; cut strips in half.
- Combine bell pepper, broccoli, and salt in a microwave safe covered bowl. Microwave, covered, on High for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add pasta, steamed vegetables, chicken, Alfredo sauce and water to skillet.
- Squeeze lemon halves over pasta; cook and stir until heated through.
- Grate Parmesan cheese over pasta; sprinkle with parsley and black pepper, if desired.
I think this recipe has good "bones" however my husband nor I cared for the tang of the lemon in this dish. I made the recipe as directed but, added mushrooms and used ready cut julian strips of carrots. Steaming the broccoli and red pepper was a great idea the texture to these two was perfect! If I were to make this again I would modify it by omitting the lemon and inhancing the flavor with more garlic. I honestly struggled in the ratting of this dish but, ultimately decided to rate this 3 stars due to one of the main ingredients actually being a deterant for us. Thank you for sharing...I definately will be modifying my own alfredo recipe by adding some of the veggies you have in this recipe. I made this for PAC Fall 2009.
Great dinner! I love that it was so easy! My whole family enjoyed this. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks.