I threw this together for a friend and it turned out so yummy! I used homemade vegetable stock for the sauce but you can use chicken broth or chicken stock, or a combination of stock and milk, with similar results. I have left out amounts for the salt and pepper -- use these according to your preference. Please note that preparation time does not include time to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chicken and Marinade
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing, any flavor
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (or fresh ground black pepper and lemon zest)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- parmesan cheese
- 1 lb penne rigate (or other short pasta)
- 1Cube chicken breasts and marinate in italian dressing, salt and lemon pepper for at least half an hour. The longer you marinate, the more flavorful the chicken.
- 2Start the pasta. Salt the water after it comes to a boil, right before adding the pasta. Cook pasta about 3/4 of the way. When done, reserve a cup or two of the water, then drain the pasta and return it to the hot pot. This will evaporate any residual water.
- 3Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add onions and garlic to skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Saute a minute or two.
- 5Add lemon zest.
- 6Add chicken and let it brown on all sides.
- 7Sprinkle in flour and whisk to combine.
- 8Deglaze pan with white wine and whisk to begin dissolving the flour.
- 9Whisk in stock.
- 10Add basil and corriander seed.
- 11Bring to boil and let thicken.
- 12Pour sauce over pasta, stir to coat well, and simmer over medium low heat to let the pasta absorb the sauce. If the sauce is too thick to coat the pasta with more to spare, add the reserved pasta water to thin it out a bit. You want the pasta to absorb some of the sauce as it finishes cooking all the way.
- 13To serve, squeeze lemon juice over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 234.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of