1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
I had lemon chicken orzo soup at a Diner one day and absolutely loved it. I found this recipe online but never tried it yet. Hopefully its good. (I estimated the prep time because it really didnt say.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large Saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to medium-low and add orzo.
- 3Cook uncovered until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Five minutes before pasta is done, add chicken.
- 5Whisk eggs while adding lemon juice.
- 6Stir in zest. Whisking constantly.
- 7slowly pour a ladle of the hot stock into the egg mixture to temper.
- 8Reduce heat to low and while stirring add the Egg mixture to the Soup(Soup should thicken slightly).
- 9Add Salt and Pepper and Garnish with Parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 190.2 mg
- Sodium 808.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 33.1 g