Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds good. I got it off the side of a carton of (you guessed it) Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock.
- 12 ounces kitchen basics chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles
- In measuring cup, blend 1/2 cup chicken stock, lemon juice and flour; set aside.
- In a preheated non-stick skillet over medium high heat, saute mushrooms and chicken until brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add broccoli and remaining stock.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked and broccoli tender-crisp.
- Place chicken and broccoli on noodle lined serving plates.
- Blend reserved stock-flour mixture into stock in skillet.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and/or garlic.
- Pour over chicken and broccoli.
Excellent meal! I decreased the amount of chicken and increased the broccoli. I also added extra lemon juice and garlic powder. Great meal, thanks!
Very good dish. The lemon juice gives a nice bite to the sauce. I would recommend butterflying the chicken breasts so they cook through more quickly, or delay adding the broccoli (which is what I did).
The sauce was not very liquid - mostly paste.