Recipe by Nif
This dish makes a quick, filling meal. Great served with rice or pasta. Enjoy!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent flavor combination. Made as directed except used whole wheat flour instead of the all purpose flour. Loved the lemon. Served with sweet potato and salad. Thanks. Made for Best of 2011 :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 lemon wedges
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour flour onto a plate and set aside. Do the same with eggs and then with breadcrumb mixture.
- Dredge chicken in flour and tap away excess. Dip chicken into egg. Cover chicken with breadcrumbs and press them inches
- Heat oil in frying pan. Fry chicken on the first side for about 2 minutes, flip and fry for another 2 minutes. Repeat until chicken is browned and cooked through. If you've pounded the chicken thin enough, cooking time is greatly reduced.
- Once chicken is cooked, place on a paper towel-lined plate in order to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and additional lemon wedges.