Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish makes a quick, filling meal. Great served with rice or pasta. Enjoy!
Make and share this Lemon Chicken Milanese recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 lemon wedges
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour flour onto a plate and set aside. Do the same with eggs and then with breadcrumb mixture.
- Dredge chicken in flour and tap away excess. Dip chicken into egg. Cover chicken with breadcrumbs and press them inches
- Heat oil in frying pan. Fry chicken on the first side for about 2 minutes, flip and fry for another 2 minutes. Repeat until chicken is browned and cooked through. If you've pounded the chicken thin enough, cooking time is greatly reduced.
- Once chicken is cooked, place on a paper towel-lined plate in order to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and additional lemon wedges.
Excellent flavor combination. Made as directed except used whole wheat flour instead of the all purpose flour. Loved the lemon. Served with sweet potato and salad. Thanks. Made for Best of 2011 :)
Made as directed, my DH and I really enjoyed this dish. It had a few moving parts, so I wouldn't exactly claim that it was "quick". I'd definitely make it again! Thanks, Nif! Made for Best of 2010 Tag Game as recommended by gailanng.
I was so pleasantly surprised by how great this tasted with the lemon juice squeezed over it! And it was so quick to make that I know I'll be making it again. Followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing.