Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A low fat pasta dish that doesn't take too long to make. From The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking.
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated lowfat parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together broth, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of the evaporated milk, stirring until cornstarch dissolves.
- Stir in the rest of the evaporated milk.
- Set aside.
- Cook linguine according in a large pot of water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray (or just use regular olive oil).
- Stir fry garlic and chicken over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add linguine to skillet.
- Pour broth mixture on top; toss.
- Slowly pour milk mixture over.
- Toss gently for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce is just beginning to boil and thickens slightly.
- If it seems too dry, add a little more evaporated milk.
- Add scallions and parsley to the skillet; toss.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Toss in Parmesan cheese.
Very good, although I must admit I altered it quite a bit, though the basic recipe is what caught my eye. What I did differntly was to increase the chicken broth to half a cup. I added fresh mushrooms so I sauteed them with the chicken,garlic and green onion. I also used heavy cream, aded some dried basil,and squeezed in a bit more lemon juice at the end to up the hint of lemony flavor of the sauce just a tad more. So - yeah - I changed it some, but I will be making it again. Really yummy!
Wonderful recipe! I make my own pasta and infuse it with a mild lemon flavor. My husband has requested this recipe once every week for 4 weeks now. It is a hit.
This healthy, lowfat dish is so tasty, you won't miss the extra calories and fat! I used 1 packet of chicken broth and seasoning mix dissolved in 1/4 cup water in place of the broth, but followed the rest of the recipe as posted. I will be making this again and again. Thanks for sharing Queen!