Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A light pasta dish that's also good cold or at room temperature. It's attractive, versatile, and easy to change yield depending on how may you need to feed, so I love it for company with a green salad, asparagus, or fresh green beans.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil and the butter. Add onions and garlic. Sauté gently for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper, the dried thyme, and red pepper flakes. Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook completely.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Add the juice and zest of the lemons to the pan to deglaze. Combine this with the linguine and remaining olive oil, parsley, and basil. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve pasta topped with the chicken. Parmesan cheese is an excellent addition.
Really good! I didn't change any ingredients, but I did do things a little differently. I cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, browned those first, and removed them from the pan. Then I did the onion and garlic, deglazed with the lemon juice, threw the chicken back in and mixed in the pasta. We also sprinkled ours with Parmesan, and we all loved it. Thanks!
So yummy! And very quick and easy, too! It was a good blend of flavors and nice summery-type meal. I used spagetti noodles instead of linguini, and dried Italian seasoning instead of the parsley and basil (I didn't have any fresh). I did sprinkle with parmesan cheese9which was good), and next time I'm going to try a little feta. A definite keper!