Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was given to me from an elderly friend of mine.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted garlic alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 0.5 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese (1 1/2 cups) or 6 ounces mozzarella cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fine shredded lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package boneless skinless chicken breasts, strips thawed
- heat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat 2 qt square baking dish with spray and set aside.
- In pan combine alfredo sauce and capers.
- Bring to boil over medium heat; stir occasionally.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of sauce into dish.
- Top with 2 noodles.
- In bowl stir together ricotta, 1 cup of fontino cheese, and 1 tsp lemon peel.
- Spoon half the cheese mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp Parmesan.
- Top with half the chicken.
- Spoon half the remaining sauce over chicken.
- Top with 2 more noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remaining chicken.
- Add 2 more noodles, remaining sauce, and sprinkle with remaining fontina and Parmesan. Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Let stand, covered on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the last of the lemon peel.
I got this recipe from my grammy a few years ago and we love it! Thanks for posting!
Very nice! We enjoyed this to the last spoonful! My DH took the leftovers to work with him. His co-workers were envious when the smells from the microwave enveloped the room. He said someone even asked him for a bite :) Guess I will be making this again soon! Thank you for sharing! Pam