1/6 Photos of Lemon Chicken-Just Like Take out !
Chef Dee's Note:
Lightly breaded and a distinct lemon flavor, this is a tasty chicken recipe. My teenage son made it, and we were surprised how close it was to our favourite chinese restaraunt. He found it on another site, then changed some things to make it easier ....now we wouldn't make it any other way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces then.
- 3marinate them in the soya sauce.
- 4Whisk the 1/4 c.cornstarch and baking powder together, then beat in the eggs.
- 5Chill in refrigerator while you make the sauce.
- 6In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir in the lemon juice and chicken broth, then set aside.
- 7Dip the chicken pieces into the chilled batter, then fry in hot oil in a frying pan until brown.
- 8Spray a 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray, then lay the chicken in it.
- 9Using the same frying pan, add 2 tablespoons oil. Slice one of the lemons, and stir fry until they start to brown. Stir in the remaining sauce mixture, continue stirring until the sauce has thickend.
- 10Pour over the chicken.
- 11Slice the remaining lemon, and layer over the chicken.
- 12Bake for 30-40 min's until the chicken is done.
- 13Serve over steamed or fried rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken-Just Like Take out !
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.3
- Calories from Fat 699
- Total Fat 77.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 137.5 mg
- Sodium 713.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 29.0 g