Needs to marinate at least 6 hours (not including in cooking times).
Make and share this Lemon Chicken in Savory Champagne Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh savory
- 3 -4 Italian plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 -6 lemon slices
- 1 cup nonvintage champagne
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- With a sharp knife, cut chicken breasts in quarters, lenghtwise.
- Arrange in a single layer in a large glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine wine, lemon juice, zest, oil, and 3 tbsp savory.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover and refridgerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until chicken is tender, adding tomato quarters to baking dish during last 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour cognac in small saucepan.
- Warm it and flame it with a match.
- When flames subside, add butter and saute lemon slices for 2 minute per side.
- Add champagne to saucepan and cook over high heat until reduced by half.
- Whisk in the cream and creme fraiche.
- Boil to the consistency of thick creme.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp chopped savory.
- Arrange chicken and tomatoes on plates.
- Spoon over sauce and garnish with lemon slices.