Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Clipped out of a magazine, this is a fresh chicken recipe that is ready in a flash!
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups snow peas (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cut chicken into 1" pieces. Mince the garlic.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until browned. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a bowl, whisk together the broth, lemon juice, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Add to chicken in skillet. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer about 2 minutes, until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add snow peas and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and garnish with parsley.
Photo may be seen here (as Fettuccine With Snow Peas) in the Savor gallery: www.annacia.com. What a delicious recipe. I did skip the chicken but made all else by the recipe and the pasta was so yummy, I used the fresh snow peas (tagged this recipe to use some of them :D) and you wouldn't believe how good this simple sauce is until you taste it. For the protein I used stuffed crab in it's shell (had a lot of chicken lately, lol). The pairing worked beautifully and dinner was very well enjoyed. :D
Unfortunately, I didn't have fresh snow peas. I love them but had to use frozen. This was a yummy recipe! We enjoyed it alot. I doubled the lemon juice and the garlic. YUM! I agree with Deantini- this recipe tastes even better than you'd expect it to from looking at the simple list of ingredients. Thanks loof.
Delicious dinner! I used snow peas from the garden and they tasted fabulous with the light lemon flavor. The only changes I made were to double the garlic and add red pepper for color. Quick, easy, and tasty - what's not to love?