Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- freshly ground pepper
- garlic powder
- all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (also known as Italian parsley)
- lemon slice (optional)
- Place chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, and pound with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin until they are evenly about 1/4-inch thick.
- Season cutlets with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook cutlets on each side until golden brown, about 5 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet, add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, stirring up any browned bits from the bottom of skillet.
- Heat to boiling and cook until thickened, about 2-3 minutes .
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve lemon sauce with cutlets.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.