- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 cups oil (for frying)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in half and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Rub chicken with garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour, dip in beaten egg and press on panko.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees F, turning once or twice until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- To serve, cut chicken into bite size pieces and pour sauce over.