Recipe by stephanierndos
Again, another way I came up with to get rid of leftover chicken & quite yummy I might add! I LOVE lemon and incorporated it into this chicken Caesar salad -- lettuce here is not a staple ingredient, although - this salad is wonderful in endive or lettuce cups!
- 7 ounces cooked chicken, & cubed (white meat)
- 1 celery rib, chopped small not fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup creamy caesar salad dressing (preference, Emeril's Brand)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (made w. Canola oil preferred)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese or romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing, mayo, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, Italian Seasoning, salt & pepper well in medium bowl (use a wire whisk, this works best).
- Next, add in celery, onion, and cubed chicken and mix with a spoon so as not to break down the chicken further.
- Grate parmesan cheese over the top, cover with plastic wrap and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve in lettuce or Endive cups, on a toasted English muffin, or ~ atop your favorite mixed greens ~ this is wonderful and has that lemony Caesar taste that is so yummy!