What a wonderful, and light alternative to beef burgers, I love lemon chicken! These would also work on the grill. A serving is two burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning, blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 4 (6 inch) pita bread, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1Combine onions, breadcrumbs, seasoning blend, pepper, egg whites and chicken. Add 1 tsp of lemon rind and mix.
- 2Divide mixture into 8 equal patties, approx 1/4 inch thick and oval in shape.
- 3Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Cook patties 2 minutes per side or until browned. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes.
- 5Combine remaining lemon rind, yogurt and oregano stirring well.
- 6Serve patties in pita pockets with yogurt mixture or tzatziki, lettuce, and tomato.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Burgers With Yogurt Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.2
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 615.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 33.8 g