Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a wonderful, and light alternative to beef burgers, I love lemon chicken! These would also work on the grill. A serving is two burgers.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning, blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 4 (6 inch) pita bread, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- Combine onions, breadcrumbs, seasoning blend, pepper, egg whites and chicken. Add 1 tsp of lemon rind and mix.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal patties, approx 1/4 inch thick and oval in shape.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook patties 2 minutes per side or until browned. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes.
- Combine remaining lemon rind, yogurt and oregano stirring well.
- Serve patties in pita pockets with yogurt mixture or tzatziki, lettuce, and tomato.
I used turkey for these and they were still really nice. This is an easy worknight dinner to have with a salad