Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty and healthier burger option. From Chatelaine's website.
- 1 green onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 log creamy herbed goat cheese, well chilled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- Thinly slice onion.
- In a large bowl whisk egg and add onion, mustard, spices, and chicken.
- Mix using hands until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide into four portions and roll each one into a ball.
- Using your finger, poke a hole in the center of each ball.
- Cut 4 tablespoon sized portions of goat cheese from the log and roll each one into a ball.
- Push each cheese ball into the holes in the meat balls.
- Press meat mixture over the cheese and flatten into burgers about 3/4 inch thick.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook burgers about 7 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Serve on buns.
Delicious! We'll be having these often. The goat cheese got all "ooey-gooey" in the middle and was a nice compliment to the lemon and pepper flavor. I subbed ground turkey, since we prefer it to ground chicken. Seved on sandwich thins instead of buns. Thanks for this keeper. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.