If you like lots of sauce then double the sauce ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cold water
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 6 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1Slice the chicken breasts in half in the middle to create two smaller pieces; place between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- 2Pound with a mallet or a rolling pin to flatten just slightly.
- 3In a bowl combine cornstarch, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in the egg yolks and cold water.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- 5Dip/coat the chicken breasts one at a time into the cornstarch mixture.
- 6Add the chicken breasts one or two at a time to hot oil; cook until golden brown and cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- 7Place the chicken on a plate.
- 8Cook any remaining chicken.
- 9Sprinkle the green onions (if using) on top of the chicken.
- 10For the lemon sauce; in a medium saucepan combine water, lemon juice, brown sugar, honey, bouillon powder and ginger; mix to combine.
- 11Cook over medium heat, stirring or whisking constantly until the sauce boils and thickens (about 4-5 minutes).
- 12Pour over the cooked chicken and garnish plate with lemon slices if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Breasts (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 459.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 13.5 g