Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you like lots of sauce then double the sauce ingredients.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken Breasts (Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 6 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring (optional)
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Slice the chicken breasts in half in the middle to create two smaller pieces; place between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound with a mallet or a rolling pin to flatten just slightly.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in the egg yolks and cold water.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip/coat the chicken breasts one at a time into the cornstarch mixture.
- Add the chicken breasts one or two at a time to hot oil; cook until golden brown and cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Place the chicken on a plate.
- Cook any remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle the green onions (if using) on top of the chicken.
- For the lemon sauce; in a medium saucepan combine water, lemon juice, brown sugar, honey, bouillon powder and ginger; mix to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring or whisking constantly until the sauce boils and thickens (about 4-5 minutes).
- Pour over the cooked chicken and garnish plate with lemon slices if desired.