Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like lots of sauce then double the sauce ingredients.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken Breasts (Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 6 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring (optional)
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Slice the chicken breasts in half in the middle to create two smaller pieces; place between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound with a mallet or a rolling pin to flatten just slightly.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in the egg yolks and cold water.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip/coat the chicken breasts one at a time into the cornstarch mixture.
- Add the chicken breasts one or two at a time to hot oil; cook until golden brown and cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Place the chicken on a plate.
- Cook any remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle the green onions (if using) on top of the chicken.
- For the lemon sauce; in a medium saucepan combine water, lemon juice, brown sugar, honey, bouillon powder and ginger; mix to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring or whisking constantly until the sauce boils and thickens (about 4-5 minutes).
- Pour over the cooked chicken and garnish plate with lemon slices if desired.
yes another great one Kit, this chicken is lip smacking delicious, wonderful thank you Kit
Hey Kittencal...another great recipe from you. As a lemon lover, I added more juice to the sauce rcipe and it was sooo damn yummy. The ginger adds another dimension. Another excuse to have chicken more often. The ingredients are things readily available in almost every pantry. Thankyou.