Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the BJs Wholesale Club magazine, and tweaked it slightly. They tout that it's $1.91 per serving if you buy the ingredients there. There are lots of veggies you could add that would be delicious - snap peas, asparagus, mushrooms, artichokes, etc. This can also be frozen easily for an OAMC. Anyway, it's quite delicious - enjoy!!
- 226.79 g bow tie pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.16 ml butter
- 59.16 ml flour
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 3/4" pieces, set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic, saute 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper. Saute for 9-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta, set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and cayenne pepper. Add broth and milk all at once. Stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Add mustard and lemon juice to white sauce while still hot. Immediately toss with pasta and chicken to mix. If it's not quite thick enough, turn the heat up for 3-4 minutes, then let it stand for a few.
Wow, this is FABULOUS!!! A real keeper!!! I added mushrooms as per your suggestion, and used penne, but otherwise, as recipe, easy to make and Delicious!!!! We LOVED the mustard in this, I thought it might fight with the lemon, but no. Packed with flavour, rich, this is super for a really nice evening meal, and definitely would impress your guests!!! Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe, made for PAC Spring 2012