Recipe by rsnelling42
I found this recipe in the BJs Wholesale Club magazine, and tweaked it slightly. They tout that it's $1.91 per serving if you buy the ingredients there. There are lots of veggies you could add that would be delicious - snap peas, asparagus, mushrooms, artichokes, etc. This can also be frozen easily for an OAMC. Anyway, it's quite delicious - enjoy!!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Wow, this is FABULOUS!!! A real keeper!!! I added mushrooms as per your suggestion, and used penne, but otherwise, as recipe, easy to make and Delicious!!!! We LOVED the mustard in this, I thought it might fight with the lemon, but no. Packed with flavour, rich, this is super for a really nice evening meal, and definitely would impress your guests!!! Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe, made for PAC Spring 2012
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 3/4" pieces, set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic, saute 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper. Saute for 9-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta, set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and cayenne pepper. Add broth and milk all at once. Stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Add mustard and lemon juice to white sauce while still hot. Immediately toss with pasta and chicken to mix. If it's not quite thick enough, turn the heat up for 3-4 minutes, then let it stand for a few.