Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
I love artichokes and lemon together. I prefer long cooking rice over instant, but using it here speeds things up. This recipe is from Cooking Light.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 532.32 ml onions, chopped
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 473.18 ml instant rice, uncooked
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, drained (cut into quarters if they don't come that way)
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese or 29.58 ml romano cheese
- cooking spray
- Coat a Dutch oven or large pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, and bell pepper and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in artichokes and cook for another minute until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
This was definitely a nice, light filling dish. I did add some minced garlic along with the ingredients. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, I usually have to have a sauce for almost everything, but I was pleasantly surprised!!! Thanks for posting. Raylene:)
Quick and Easy recipe. I thought it was a little bland last night so we added some sour cream to it... today the flavors are much more intense and I can taste the lemon. Next time I will add more lemon juice and maybe use marinated artichokes.
I made this last night for my hubby and it was a big hit! I love lemon chicken, and this was very lemony! I did add more lemon juice, and a few extra herbs, as my husband does not like red peppers, so I had to omit them. Fabulous! I will be making this time and again, and even change up the veggies, using asparagus or broccoli! Thanks so much!!!