1/2 Photos of Lemon Chicken and Rice
Nicole Brummett's Note:
A quick, healthy meal and great tasting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1In a skillet, cook chicken, onion, carrot, and garlic in butter for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2In a bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice, and salt (if desired) until smooth.
- 3Add to skillet; bring to a boil.
- 4Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Stir in rice and peas.
- 6Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 382.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 21.0 g