Recipe by JillAZ
This comes from the Dream Dinners cookbook and works very well from the freezer. This has a fairly mild flavor.
Top Review by jswinks
This was fairly simple to make (would be quicker if you have already cooked chicken) and tasted good. I used 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes which worked well, as well as a little cornstarch to the sauce to get it a little thicker (personal preference). I added toasted pine nuts too. I'm not sure it would need to be baked, you could just toss it all together and serve if you cooked the chicken and noodles right before mixing. Yummy! My husband liked that it wasn't a cream based sauce.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 lbs diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss and stir to combine.
- To serve immediately:.
- Spray a 9x13-inch dish with cooking spray. Pour chicken/pasta mixture into dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- To freeze:.
- Place mixture in a large zipper freezer bag. Seal and freeze.
- To serve:.
- Thaw in fridge. Proceed with cooking directions as above.