Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This comes from the Dream Dinners cookbook and works very well from the freezer. This has a fairly mild flavor.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 lbs diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss and stir to combine.
- To serve immediately:.
- Spray a 9x13-inch dish with cooking spray. Pour chicken/pasta mixture into dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- To freeze:.
- Place mixture in a large zipper freezer bag. Seal and freeze.
- To serve:.
- Thaw in fridge. Proceed with cooking directions as above.
This was fairly simple to make (would be quicker if you have already cooked chicken) and tasted good. I used 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes which worked well, as well as a little cornstarch to the sauce to get it a little thicker (personal preference). I added toasted pine nuts too. I'm not sure it would need to be baked, you could just toss it all together and serve if you cooked the chicken and noodles right before mixing. Yummy! My husband liked that it wasn't a cream based sauce.
Quick, easy, and tasty. We ate some of it tonight and froze the rest for later. Substitutions: I didn't have a lemon, so I omitted the lemon zest and increased the lemon juice; also, I didn't have white wine so I increased the chicken stock. Thanks for sharing!
I used apple juice in place of the white wine (got off a substitution list) and also used dried lemon zest and maybe that's where I went wrong. Maybe I should have used less of the dried stuff...I made this a few days ahead and froze in a bag, cooked as directed but the dish was VERY lemony and the chicken on the drier side. Maybe I did something wrong..